Thursday, January 27, 2011

Disappointed in "The Dilemma"

As you can tell from the title of the post, I went to see the movie 'The Dilemma' last weekend... and what a waste of 2 hours of my life!  It was advertised as a comedy movie, and I was really looking forward to it especially because it starred two actors I really liked : Vince Vaughn and Kevin James!  Granted, the trailer wasn't hilarious but then some comedies don't show their funniest moments in their trailers.
Anyway!  It was more of a serious drama with few (moderately) funny moments sprinkled throughout i.e. a Drama disguised as a Comedy.  Vince Vaughn still had a role where he talks really quickly and rambles most of his lines - which I love in his movies, and Kevin James was goofy at times.
Throughout the entire film, there wasn't a single laugh-out-loud from the audience.... I was actually a little bored.  I know that some people did enjoy the movie, but maybe they were not looking forward to a comedy as much as I was.
I give this movie a 3.5/10.


Photos from movie review site

No comments: